Spiced Green Tea Lime Cooler
This beverage was created for the Ready Set Cook Game RCS 2018 of my favourite cooking community.
This recipe just popped into my mind when I read the ingredient list. Not a huge fan of cold tea beverages, but all of a sudden I knew I wanted this... And it turned out really delicious, even though the colour is a bit strange because of the evaporated cane juice!
Feel free to adjust the spices to your taste.
- 1 cup of cold green tea (I used gunpowder)
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/8 (or less, to taste) teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (evaporated cane juice, or jaggery)
- 1 Slice of lime (garnish)
- Brew green tea and let cool completely, if you want it really cold, let it stand in the fridge overnight or for a couple of hours.
- Put 2 teaspoons of brown sugar into a tall glass.
- Combine cold tea, lime juice and spices, stir well.
- Pour over brown sugar.
- Serve with a slice of lime.Enjoy!