Seiten

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Dairy-free Coconut Sugar Spice Latte


Dairy-free Coconut-Sugar Spice Latte

This latte was not a planned recipe; I just threw the ingredients together and then realized that the early morning sun was too perfect to be true - and too perfect not to be used for a photo.
So I went out and took a photo of my beautiful mug - a present from my even more beautiful friend Mel from Virginia - without even knowing if the liquid in it would be worth the shot.

It was. I'm not going to say that this is the best latte that ever saw the morning dew, but I definitely liked it and I'm definitely sure that it's worth to share.

Since I ran into a box of coconut sugar about two weeks ago, I have started to experiment with it. Not because I'm totally convinced that it really is better than any other sugar which is 80% sucrose, but because I really like the light caramel flavour of it.
If you want to read my musings about coconut sugar, you can do so on my German blog (I think Google might translate it).

If not, go ahead and try Dairy-free Coconut Sugar Spice Latte:

Ingredients:
  • ½ cup almond or soy milk
  • ¾ cup strong black coffee
  • ½ stick cinnamon
  • 1 clove
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground mace (or nutmeg)
  • 2 teaspoons coconut sugar (or more, to taste) (if you don't have coconut sugar, use dark cane sugar or caramel syrup to taste)
Preparation:
  • Heat milk with cinnamon, clove and mace or nutmeg.
  • Stir coconut sugar into coffee.
  • Remove cinnamon stick and clove from milk and either froth or steam milk, if it's a kind of milk that can be frothed or steamed, or just combine coffee and hot milk.
Enjoy!




Have you tried coconut sugar yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment