Seiten

Monday, March 3, 2014

Healthy Pumpkin Pie Latte



Healthy Pumpkin Pie Latte

As I said, I love sitting in a coffee shop, sipping some nice plain cappuccino or latte. But would I be willing to pay an insane amount of money for an insane amount of empty calories?
Nope.
I don't actually know why anybody should want coffee to taste like pumpkin pie in the first place. But I like it, and as my father-in-law used to say: You may eat everything, but you need not know everything.
No need to know why I like coffee which tastes like pumpkin pie. I like it, period.
So, would I be willing to spend, say, ten minutes to have a wonderful, unexplicable thing like healthy pumpkin pie latte?
Yup.
But would it really be yummy, being healthy and all?
Well, why would I spend time making something healthy that is as yummy as cod liver oil before the invention of capsules?
You guess it. I wouldn't.


Ingredients:

  • 1-2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pie filling!)
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (or other milk)
  • 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup, to taste
  • 1 espresso shot or 1 espresso cup of strong coffee
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/3 cup almond, soy or rice cream (or any kind of milk or cream that can be steamed)
  • one dash cinnamon

Preparation:

  • Slowly bring pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice to a boil, remove from heat.
  • Make espresso or coffee.
  • Pour pumpkin-milk mix into blender and blend on high for some seconds, until creamy.
  • Pour pumpkin milk into a latte glass or large mug.
  • Add coffee, letting it run down the side of the glass or mug.
  • Steam cream or milk and pour on top.
  • With a long spoon, carefully stir, until you get this:




You can even skip the coffee. I did it once, accidentally, and it tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment